All The Make A Difference Race 2016 participants must submit their registration and entry fee payment online through the web application or event website: www.madrace.sg
Registration is only confirmed upon successful payment and issuance of a confirmation email.
Upon successful registration, there will be no refund of entry fees for any reason.
The Race Organiser shall not be responsible for any disputes arising from incomplete entry details.
The Race Organiser reserves the right to limit and refuse entries without assigning any reasons thereof.
The Participant agrees to: (i) provide true, accurate, current and complete information about the Participant contained in the registration form (the “Personal Information”); and (ii) maintain and promptly update the Personal Information to keep it true, accurate, current and complete. The Race Organiser may contact the Participant from time to time by email/phone call. Any notice sent to the email address registered with the Race Organiser shall be deemed as received by the Participant.
If the Participant provides any information that is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, or if the Race Organiser has grounds to suspect that such information is untrue, inaccurate, not current or incomplete, the Race Organiser may suspend or terminate the Participant’s registration and refuse any and all future use of the Official Website (or any parts thereof).
No changes to registration details once registration is completed. (Exemption would only be made for crucial details, e.g. Emergency contact person)
All race entries are based on a first-come first-served basis unless otherwise stated.
Each individual is only allowed to participate in one competitive category.
A participant must be 16 years and above on the race to participate in either the 7KM Competitive category.
A participant must be 13 years and above on the race day to participate in the 3.5KM Fun Run category without parental supervision.
Any participant below age of 13 years (as of race day) must be accompanied by a REGISTERED adult on the race day to participate in the 3.5KM Fun Run category.
Any Participant below the age of 18 is required to seek parental/guardian consent and complete the relevant indemnity form when registering online, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that Participant.
Any participant below the age of 18 must submit the signed indemnity form during the Race Entry Pack Collection, failing which the Race Organiser reserves the right to refuse entry to that participant.
The race categories for individual participation are as follows:
- 7KM Women’s Open
- 7KM Men’s Open
- 3.5KM Fun Run
All Participants must collect their race entry pack (the “Race Entry Pack”) which includes the race bib, timing device, Event T-Shirt, and other novelties at the Race Entry Pack Collection location (“REPC”) during the collection period (“Collection Period”), of which details will be stated on the Official Website. If Participants are unable to collect their Race Entry Pack in person, they may authorize a representative in accordance with the procedure detailed on the Official Website.
Late collection will not be entertained and the Race Organiser shall not be liable for any other loss or inconvenience caused, due to Participants’ inability to collect their Race Entry Pack. For avoidance of doubt, the Race Organiser is not obliged to extend the collection period or to ensure that a Participant receives his or her Race Entry Pack. At all times, it is the responsibility of the Participant to collect his or her Race Entry Pack during the Collection Period. Race Entry Packs not collected during the Collection Period will be deemed to be unwanted, and the Race Organiser shall be at liberty to dispose or re-distribute them accordingly.
- All registered runners are solely responsible for their personal possessions and athletic equipment during the Event and its related activities.
- The Race Organiser will not be responsible for any loss and/or damage, personal or otherwise, to the belongings and items deposited at the baggage deposit facility. The Race Organiser also reserves the right to open and examine any item or baggage deposited for security purpose.
- Only registered runners wearing their assigned Bib Number will be allowed on the race course. Race Bibs are strictly non-transferable. The Race Organiser reserves the right to disqualify and/or refuse entry into the start pen for entries that had been transferred.
- The Race Bib MUST be centrally positioned at the front of the race tee and MUST be worn throughout the entire race. The Bib Number MUST be visible at all times. The form on the reverse side of the Participant’s race bib must be fully and accurately completed. Do not cut or fold or deface the Race Bib with stickers, markers or any writing on it, doing so will result in a disqualification.
- Race Timings will be recorded using the MY LAPS Timing Chip, an electronic chip that is attached to the back of the Race Bib (Available for 7KM runners only).
- Runners are to use their Timing Chip correctly. Runners who wear the Timing Chips incorrectly (or not at all), or if they are not recorded at one of the mats, will not be able to receive their finishing timings or results (Available for 7KM runners only).
- Registered runners are strongly encouraged to seed themselves according to their projected pace. The faster runners should be at the front and slower runners should be at the back. Remember, the MY LAPS Timing Chip will give you your real time and any delays after the Gun Start won’t count towards your finishing time.
- Race timings will still be issued to the aforesaid Participants (“DQ” would be indicated in the timing issued). They will NOT be issued their Certificate of Participation as they will be deemed disqualified.
- Registered Runners who missed the flag-off time of their category will not be allowed to participate and will automatically be disqualified from the race. No refund will be offered to registered runners who missed their race flag-off.
- Wheeled devices including, but not limited to, jogging strollers, walking strollers, roller blades, bicycles, scooters, wheelchairs and skateboards, are not permitted on the course, except for official race and medical vehicles
- Pets (horses, dogs, cats or other animals) will not be allowed on the course and race site or village on race day.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to remove any participant deemed, in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion, physically incapable of continuing with the race to prevent him/her from causing greater harm or injury to himself/herself or others.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to make any amendments to the race route that is deemed necessary for reasons of safety or requests made by local authority, police or any emergency service.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to delay the commencement of the race in the event of inclement weather. Should inclement weather persist after a delayed start, the Race Organiser reserves the right to cancel the race in the Race Organiser’s sole discretion without further obligation and without any refund.
- Registered Runners who accept any assistance from any other person may be disqualified. Protests related to actions of any race official or runner will be accepted only in written form. Verbal protests will not receive responses. All decisions of the Race Organiser are binding.
- Registered runners are to complete their respective races within the cut-off times; otherwise they will be deemed disqualified. The Race Organiser cannot guarantee the runners safety, should runners choose to continue after the cut-off time.
NOTE: There might be staggered cut-off times at selected sections of the roads for the safety of our runners. More details will be released closer to race day.
- Registered Runners will only be entitled to win the prize of their respective registered race category.
- Each runner is allowed only one prize.
- There will be strictly no transfer of prize between race categories.
- Winners of all categories will be selected based on their respective Gun Times.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to award the prizes according to allocated race categories.
- Please note that all prizes are subjected to taxes for foreign athletes.
- All prizes not claimed within one (1) month from the race day will be forfeited and the Race Organiser will be at liberty to redistribute or dispose of them accordingly.
- Prizes must be taken, in the forms as presented by the Race Organise They are not transferable or exchangeable for cash and are subjected to the R&Rs and/or T&Cs as determined by the Race Organiser.
- All appeals regarding the race ranking of Prize Winners must be lodged within 15 minutes after the conclusion of the prize presentation.
- Prizes will not be awarded for the 3.5KM Fun Run as it is a non-competitive race.
- The Race Organiser reserves the right to replace any winner if he or she is found to be disqualified.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded a Finisher’s Medal upon the presentation of his or her race bib to the respective officials.
- All Participants who successfully complete the race in his or her chosen race category will be awarded an e-Certificate of Participation. The e-Certificate of Participation will be made available on the official website within a month after the race. This entitlement will not apply to Participants who are unable to complete the race within the stipulated cut-off timings, are disqualified or did not complete the race.
* Applicable only to 7KM participants
- Upon the completion of a successful registration, there will be no fee refund for a Participant who does not eventually take part in the race, for any reason whatsoever.
- Participants are strictly not allowed to transfer his or her race entry to another party.
- No change of race category is allowed after registration is completed.
The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser shall assume no liability or responsibility for the acts or defaults of the merchant(s) or defects in the goods and services offered in the any of the race’s promotions. The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser are not an agent of the merchant(s) who are directly or indirectly involved with the race. Any dispute(s) about the quality or service standards must be resolved directly with the respective merchant(s). The merchant(s) may impose conditions for the redemption of the goods or services.
The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser will not be responsible for any injury, loss or damage suffered as a result of the redemption or usage of the goods and services. While the information provided herein is believed to be reliable, The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser make no representation or warranty whether expressed or implied, and accept no responsibility or reliability for its incompleteness or inaccuracy. Due efforts have been made to verify that all information is correct at the time of publication.
The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser reserves the right to use any photographs, motion pictures, recordings, or any other media recordings of participants (including, but not limited to, those of runners, runners’ supporters, volunteers and partners) of The Make A Difference Race 2016, for any legitimate purpose, including commercial advertising. All copyright and intellectual property rights in and to the aforementioned belong to The Make A Difference Race 2016 and the Race Organiser.